Thursday, September 22, 2011

One Ingredient Ice Cream

I didn’t believe it until I tried it. There was no way that frozen bananas could taste anything like traditional ice cream. No milk? No cream? No way! I was pleasantly surprised to discover that all the hype was in fact true. Processed frozen sliced bananas did taste just like traditional ice cream.

Check out my guest post on All I Eat Food to read more about the recipe!

11 Responses to “One Ingredient Ice Cream”

Christy @ The Daily Dish — September 22, 2011 @ 11:42 AM

Love this, Wendy! and such a beautiful photo. :)

• Wendy replied: — September 22nd, 2011 @ 11:53 AM

Thanks so much Christy! Truly appreciate the compliment.

Hester aka The Chef Doc — September 22, 2011 @ 1:00 PM

Ooh? This is bananas! No pun intended, lol. That’s awesome that it’s just bananas and nothing else. I can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing, Wendy :-)

• Wendy replied: — September 22nd, 2011 @ 1:12 PM

Hester you are too funny!

Liz @ Southern Charm — September 22, 2011 @ 3:49 PM

This was my favorite discovery a few months ago!

ps your photo is killer :)

• Wendy replied: — September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:53 PM

Liz I love that you described it as killer. Thanks!

Nava Krishnan — September 23, 2011 @ 3:48 AM

Nice and with bananas, I will certainly drool.

leslie — September 23, 2011 @ 8:14 AM

Oh yes…I do this all the time. Sometime I throw some peanut butter and chocolate in there too!

Feast on the Cheap — September 23, 2011 @ 11:54 AM

I am so intrigued. I have to try this! I am a huge ice cream fan and am single-handedly keeping Edy’s in biz

Stefani — October 15, 2011 @ 2:45 PM

I have heard about this several times and going to try it. My son loves bananas so he might just love homemade banana ice cream.

Alyssa | Queen of Quinoa — July 2, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

This is one of my FAVORITE desserts on earth. It’s absolutely perfect for summer. I’ve started adding other frozen fruit like strawberries or blueberries and it’s so tasty. A delicious frozen treat that’s healthy too!