Monday, March 12, 2012

Cheesy-Garlicy-Peppery Biscuits {Secret Recipe Club}

For this month’s Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned Suzanne’s blog Thru the Bugs on My Windshield. I love her take on life. The quote on her site says it all: “Life is like a windshield. There’s gonna be a few bug splats along the way.” Suzanne loves spending time with her ever-expanding family, taking pictures that make people smile and cooking traditional comfort food.

I was immediately intrigued by the fact that she enjoyed making comfort food. As with each Secret Recipe Club assignment, I wanted to find something I had yet to make. Biscuits are considered a treat in our house. They are not something I serve often. We usually have them with breakfast and they have always been from a package.  I was excited to see that Suzanne had a recipe for a savory biscuit that can be served with a hearty dinner.

They are incredibly easy to make. I had all the ingredients on hand, which made this recipe even more appealing to me.

Cheesy-Garlicy-Peppery Biscuits from Thru the Bugs on My Windshield who adapted it from Betty’s Stir ‘N Roll Biscuit recipe.

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:20]

31 Responses to “Cheesy-Garlicy-Peppery Biscuits {Secret Recipe Club}”

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — March 12, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

These look so good!! I love a good biscuit!

RavieNomNoms — March 12, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Oh this looks so lovely! Nicely done!

Suzanne — March 12, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

Love your biscuits! Thanks so much for the kudos. I’m so glad you enjoyed them!

dan — March 12, 2012 @ 2:05 PM

Those look like amazing biscuits, what a great pick!

Jenny @ Savour the Senses — March 12, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

There is something about biscuits that just gets to me. I love them and I want some of these right now! Great being a part of SRC with you. Would love you to stop by and check out my Mango Avocado Salsa from my assigned blogger, Jeanette’s Healthy Living. =)

Cassie — March 12, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

these are gorgeous. mouth is watering!!

Vivian Thiele — March 12, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

WOW! The flavor combination sounds amazing! Will have to try these out. I made the Bhature Bread; thanks for being a part of SRC

heather — March 12, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

oh, I just got some sweet pepper spread from my mother-in-law and I bet this would be pretty tasty with.
    Glad you got to stop by to see your 1 ingredient recipe showcased on my blog ! :) http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2012/03/one-ingredient-banana-ice-cream.html

colleen — March 12, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

Sounds delicious and easy. Good choice!

Corina — March 12, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

These are so similar to something I made so I know they’re delicious. I also like to add a few dried herbs and vary the spices.

Hezzi-D — March 12, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

These look delicious! I love flavored biscuits.

Jersey Girl Cooks — March 12, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

These look really good. I like the added green chile powder to give it a nice kick.

angie — March 12, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

yummy yummy in my tummy! :) great src pick!

Lisa~~ — March 12, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Cheese and the hatch chilis sound wonderful in there.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A’ SRC entry: Broiled Sushi.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

Kim - Liv Life — March 12, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

What a treat these are!!! Love the flavors, unfortunately I’m certain I wouldn’t be able to stop at just one!

Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies — March 12, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

What a flavorful take on biscuits.

Terra — March 12, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

They look so perfect! I love the addition of peppery, what a great flavor combo! Hugs, Terra

Betsy — March 12, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

My Hubs is a HUGE biscuit fan, but I too don’t serve them too often. These sound great…kind of like the Red lobster ones. I’m stopping by from Secret Recipe club, and would love if you’d stop by our new site Seasonalpotluck.com March is artichoke month! http://bit.ly/zRfNjo I’d love if you’d link up your artichoke recipes!

Danielle — March 13, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

What a great combination – biscuits and cheese! These would be great with an egg in the middle for breakfast. Great choice!

Madame Fromage — March 13, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

These look divine, all my favorite things rolled into one. I also just eyed your corn dog muffin — real fine. You are a grrrl after my own heart.

Carolyn — March 13, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

cheesy, garlicky and peppery…those are magic words!!! Great biscuits.

Lana — March 14, 2012 @ 1:38 AM

I love dressed-up biscuits, and the combination of the flavors in this one sounds amazing. Great photos!

Baker Street — March 15, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

These look just perfect. Cheesy and garlicky! YUMM!

Kate @ Food Babbles — March 15, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

These biscuits look fantastic and sound so good! YUM!!! Beautiful picture too ;)

Magic of Spice — March 15, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

These biscuits are completely delightful! Cheese and garlic are just a beautiful combination :)

Jen @ The Scrumptious Pumpkin — March 16, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

What a delicious combination of flavors. These look so tasty!

Sara — March 18, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

Oh, I love biscuits! These look so fluffy and good, and I love the combination of cheese and pepper. I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!

Baker Street — March 21, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

These look incredibly delicious! garlic, cheese and pepper; YUMMM!

kita — March 22, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

I know this is a short comment – but I love biscuits and these sound like a kicking flavor combo.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — April 23, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

The biscuits looked wonderful; that cheesy garlic business would take them over the top for sure

But one question? Can you eat these; I notice they include all purpose flour? Or do you have to make them and then just give them to others? That would be HARD!

• Wendy replied: — April 23rd, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

I am able to have gluten in small doses. Thankfully I am gluten intolerant not allergic or suffering from a disease like Celiac. I like to make “regular” recipes every now and then so that I have something to share with family and friends who do not need to live gluten-free. It’s kind of a blessing in disguise. It forces me to only eat stuff like this in small doses. These were so good I would definitely eat more than one if they were gluten-free.